[visionlist] Senior R&D Engineer -- Vision Software,
Intuitive Surgical Inc.
Wenyi.Zhao at intusurg.com
Thu Nov 16 17:30:08 GMT 2006
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Are you prepared to develop innovative, practical solutions to challenging computer vision problems for a million-dollar surgical robot? Intuitive Surgical has a rapidly growing installed base of over 400 da Vinci surgical systems, benefiting tens of thousands of patients per year. da Vinci is equipped with a stereo endoscope and 3D display, and represents an outstanding platform for the development and application of computer vision algorithms and image-guided surgery. This position offers a candidate with solid theoretical and exceptional software development skills an opportunity to bridge the gap between academia and industry. A successful candidate will be equally comfortable developing new algorithms, identifying promising state-of-the art algorithms from academia and producing high-quality implementations that lend themselves to re-use, testing, and productization through collaborations with Intuitive's product development engineers. He or she must excel in a high-energy team, must have excellent communication skills and must be able to balance independent production results with the need to collaborate during planning, system integration, and testing of larger projects.
* Masters or Doctorate in EE, MS, CS, or similarly, or commensurate experience.
* Additional 4 years' experience in industry, with code in released product
* Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validations, and transfer
* Expertise with image processing and 3D vision, including feature extraction and matching, camera calibration
* Familiarity with teleoperations principles and robot mechanisms is a strong plus
* A strong interest in the medical applications of machine vision and robotics, 3D vision, including feature extraction and matching, camera calibration
* Familiarity with teleoperations principles and robotic mechanisms is a strong plus
* A strong interest in the medical applications of machine vision and robotics
For more details and on-line application, please go to http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/corporate/careers/index.aspx
and click on current opportunities. This position is under the Engineering category and has a tracking code 2006-126.
More information about the visionlist