[visionlist] News from the Journal of Vision

Journal of Vision announcements at journalofvision.org
Wed Nov 22 01:28:09 GMT 2006

1. I am delighted to announce the appointment of seven new Editors to
the Editorial Board of the Journal of Vision:

Geoffrey Boynton  	 Salk Institute
http://www.salk.edu/faculty/faculty/details.php?id=6

Marisa Carrasco  	 New York University
http://www.psych.nyu.edu/carrasco/

Matteo Carandini  	 Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute
http://www.ski.org/Carandini/

Karen Dobkins  	 UC San Diego  	 http://psy.ucsd.edu/~kdobkins/

Julie Harris  	 University of St. Andrews, UK
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/people/lect/jharris.shtml

Michael Paradiso  	 Brown University
http://neuroscience.brown.edu/paradiso.html

Allison Sekuler  	 McMaster University
http://www.psychology.mcmaster.ca/sekuler

These exceptional individuals add strength to an already remarkable
Editorial Board.

2. Since the Journal of Vision received an impact factor of 3.469 in
June of this year, our submission rate has doubled. The graph below
tells the story. It shows submission per day over the life of the
journal; the vertical red line marks the date of the impact factor
announcement. This increase in the submission rate is a vote of
confidence in the future success of the journal, and we thank those who
have made it possible.

Andrew B. Watson, Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Vision http://journalofvision.org/