[visionlist] Workshop "From Computational Cognitive Neuroscience to Computer Vision" at ICVS2007

Fred Hamker fhamker at uni-muenster.de
Mon Dec 18 15:24:13 GMT 2006

As part of the 5th International Conference on Computer Vision
Systems (ICVS2007) we ask for contributions for the workshop

 From Computational Cognitive Neuroscience to Computer Vision - CCNCV
2007

Web-Page
http://www.icvs2007.org/ccncv.php

Description of the workshop
This workshop aims to foster the transfer of knowledge from the area
of Computational Cognitive Neuroscience to Computer Vision. The
seemingly simplicity of visual perception has periodically attracted
machine vision scientists to build biologically inspired algorithms.
Although such biologically motivated algorithms have not
revolutionized Computer Vision, we believe that several reasons exist
that motivate an ongoing exchange. In the recent years there has been
much progress in the understanding of brain processes such as visual
attention, object recognition, learning of complex feature detectors,
decision making and high level cognitive control, to name a few. This
work is yet often not suitable for real world applications, but it
might lead to new developments, and in the long run, to better
algorithms in machine vision.

General topics
We invite contributions from the area of Computational Cognitive
Neuroscience that relate to Computer Vision. The contribution should
emphasize those properties of neural models that potentially lead to
applications in Computer Vision. We do not expect that these
applications already exist.

Submissions (format, styles, etc.)
Abstracts of max 1 page (preferably PDF) should be submitted to
fhamker at uni-muenster.de. The work should be novel but it can be
already published. The primary criterion of acceptance is the
relevance for the workshop.

Important Dates
Submission of abstracts:

15th January 2007
Notification of acceptance:

2nd February 2007
Camera ready paper:

tbd.
Workshop on CCNCV:

Is planned to take place on Wednesday, March, 21st (a detailed
schedule will be available here soon).

Workshop organizers, contact and e-mail for paper submission
Fred Hamker
Psychological Institute II
Otto Creutzfeldt Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience
Westf. Wilhelms-Universität Münster
E-mail:fhamker at uni-muenster.de
Web: http://wwwpsy.uni-muenster.de/Psychologie.inst2/AELappe/personen/
hamker.html