[visionlist] PhD studentships, St. Andrews, Scotland

Julie Harris jh81 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Jan 16 09:57:25 GMT 2007

The School of Psychology at the University of St. Andrews is seeking
applications for PhD studentships, to start in Autumn 2007. We
support students to conduct research in all of the School's main
areas of research including Perception, Cognition, Evolutionary &
Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology and Behavioural &
Cognitive Neuroscience.

Expertise in the Perception group includes the cognition and
perception of facial attributes (David Perrett), visual
neurophysiology and modelling (Mike Oram), computation modelling of
neural systems (Peter Foldiak) and basic visual perception, in
particular of spatial layout and depth (Paul Hibbard, Julie Harris).
See also:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/%7Ejh81/vislab.html
http://perception.st-and.ac.uk/

Contact individual supervisors for specific project details:
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/research/perception/index.shtml

The School of Psychology has achieved the highest possible research
rating (RAE 5*) over many years. We have a thriving postgraduate
research community of around 30 students, supported by Research
Council and University funding.  For more details see:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/psychology/research/index.shtml

St. Andrews is the oldest University in Scotland (founded in 1413),
closely integrated within the town, and picturesquely located on the
east coast of Fife.  Edinburgh is only 1 hour away, and Scotland's
dramatic mountain scenery can also be quickly accessed.

More details of our postgraduate programme (including how to apply)
can be found at the following website:
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/vacancies/phd.shtml

Application deadline is 15th March 2007.

For further details, contact:
Helen Sunderland,
School of Psychology,
University of St. Andrews,