[visionlist] Research assistant opening

Ingrid Olson iolson at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Jan 31 17:59:15 GMT 2007

RESEARCH ASSISTANT OPENING
Laboratory of Dr. Ingrid Olson, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience,
University of Pennsylvania

Applications are invited for a 2-year Research Assistantship at the
University of Pennsylvania's Center for Cognitive Neuroscience. Our
center is a lively place to work with many other investigators and a
collaborative spirit. Salary range is $25,000+ and benefits include
health and dental. Our lab uses behavioral, patient, fMRI,  and TMS
techniques to study visual cognition. More information about our
research can be found at http://ccn.upenn.edu/~iolson/.

The RA will be in charge of trouble-shooting any computer-related
problems. S/he is also expected to write experiments in Eprime,
Matlab, or C++ and analyze fMRI data using SPM. As such, strong
computer skills are of critical importance. Other responsibilities
will include: recruiting, scheduling, and testing subjects,
statistical analysis and figure design using Photoshop and
Illustrator. Hours need to be flexible because some testing of
subjects may take place after 5 p.m. The ideal candidate will have a
bachelor's degree in any subject, people skills, organizational
skills, strong computer skills, and enough technical confidence to
learn how to collect TMS and fMRI data.

This position will start this summer (2007). Please send your
resume/CV that includes a detailed description of computer,
technical, and statistical skills, and the names of 3 references to
iolson at psych.upenn.edu.

The University of Pennsylvania is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Ingrid R. Olson, Ph.D.
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology
University of Pennsylvania
Physical address: 3815 Walnut Street
                              Philadelphia, PA 19104-6196
Mailing address: 3720 Walnut Street, Room B51
	         Philadelphia, PA 19104
iolson at psych.upenn.edu
office: (215) 573-6156
fax: (215) 898-1982