[visionlist] Research assistant position at Columbia University

Jacqueline Gottlieb, PhD jg2141 at columbia.edu
Fri Feb 9 19:51:37 GMT 2007

Research assistant in Cognitive Neuroscience (Neurophysiology)
Columbia University, New York City

We are looking for a motivated research assistant to participate in
neurophysiological studies of attention and learning in monkeys.
The responsibilities include the care and behavioral training of
monkeys and assistance with daily lab operation. Depending on the
skills and interest of the applicant, there is the opportunity to
become active participant in research, including author on
publications. The position is ideal for a recent undergraduate who
wishes to experience neuroscience research prior to applying to
graduate or medical school.

Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in Psychology,
Neuroscience, Biology or related fields, familiarity and ease with
computers and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Expertise with programming, electronics and/or behavioral training
is strongly desirable.

The laboratory is part of Keck-Mahoney Center for Brain and Behavior
Research. We share a floor with 5 other groups also working in
systems neuroscience and are particularly committed to maintaining
a strongly interactive and collaborative atmosphere among the
different laboratories.
http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/neurobeh/

Please send a statement of research interests, a CV and contact
information for 3 references to: Dr. Jacqueline Gottlieb
(jg2141 at columbia.edu).