[visionlist] VSS 2007 Call for Demos

Shawna Lampkin shawnalampkin at visionsciences.org
Mon Feb 12 22:52:49 GMT 2007

We are pleased to announce the 5th Annual Visual Demos Evening at VSS will
be Monday, May 14, 2007 from 7:00 - 10:00 pm in Sarasota's G.Wiz Science
Center, adjacent to the Hyatt Sarasota. VSS demos in a variety of sizes,
shapes and formats will be interspersed amongst the museum's own interactive
exhibits on the floor, and as appropriate in dedicated presentation rooms.
Our goal is to highlight the many uses of visual demos in research and
education, with more emphasis on the "hows" and "whys" of demos than on
specific experimental results."

We are seeking dramatic, provocative, educational, and entertaining
demonstrations of visual phenomena new and old. We especially encourage the
submission of demonstrations that transcend the bounds of the table top,
such as immersive experiences, and also ones that are "physical", that do
not rely on computer graphics. We can provide tabletops, electrical outlets,
some wall-space for projections and help coordinate special needs (e.g.
theatrical lighting). Otherwise each presenter will be responsible for
bringing and setting up the necessary equipment for their own demos.

In our final year at Sarasota, as in previous years, G.Wiz will appreciate
the donation of posters, equipment, or demos at the end of the event, if
they can use them in their museum or other educational activities.

If you have a demo you'd like to present, please fill out the Demo
Submission Form located at:
http://www.visionsciences.org/callfordemosform.php no later than Sunday,
March 4, 2007.

If you have questions, please address them to Richard
Brown (robrown at exploratorium.edu) or Shawna Lampkin
(shawnalampkin at visionsciences.org)

Shawna Lampkin

Vision Sciences Society