[visionlist] Visual search: spatial frequency

Gisela Müller-Plath g.mueller-plath at psych.uni-halle.de
Wed Feb 21 15:58:51 GMT 2007

Below you will find a paper of mine investigating (and modelling) that
issue. In our experiments, we defined the target as the item with the
lowest spatial frequency among homogeneous distractors, we varied the
target-distractor-similarity, and observed a continuum between parallel
and more serial searches. So I regard it interesting to investigate
heterogeneous distractor spatial frequencies now.

Müller-Plath, G. & Pollmann, S. (2003). Determining visual search
strategies with reaction time models. /Psychological Research/, 67(2),
80-105.

Best regards and good luck,
Gisela Mueller-Plath