[visionlist] Postdoctoral position

Max Snodderly max.snodderly at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 11 21:53:28 GMT 2007

Please Post

POSTDOC-ALERT MONKEY VISUAL PHYSIOLOGY

        A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Professor
Max Snodderly at the University of Texas, Austin, to study response
properties of neurons in the early visual pathway (LGN, V1, V2).  Projects
include basic receptive field properties, effects of eye movements, and
the retina.  Other, related projects are possible.  Facilities are also
available for high resolution MRI.

        For representative publications, see
http://www.he.utexas.edu/ntr/snodderly.php.  I am also a member of the
Institute for Neuroscience ( <http://www.utexas.edu/neuroscience/index.html>
http://www.utexas.edu/neuroscience/index.html), and the Center for
Perceptual Systems ( <http://www.cps.utexas.edu/>
http://www.cps.utexas.edu), which include outstanding faculty from multiple
departments that are sources of opportunities for interdisciplinary
collaboration.  The diversity of activities at UT Austin is both fascinating
and stimulating.  As a town, Austin is a fun place to live, and I have yet
to meet anybody that doesn't like it.

        To apply or inquire, please send a curriculum vitae, statement of
research interests, and other pertinent information by email.  As this is
written, I am at VSS with my cell phone (512-922-8777) if you would like to
speak with me about the position.  Email max.snodderly at mail.utexas.edu.