[visionlist] rank-open position in neuroscience, Penn Stat

Michael J. Wenger mjw19 at psu.edu
Thu Sep 13 01:52:09 GMT 2007

NEUROSCIENCE, PENN STATE: The Department of Psychology at Penn State
(http://psych.la.psu.edu/) is recruiting (rank open) for one or more
psychologists with expertise in neuroscience to join one of the
department's specialty areas (clinical, cognitive, developmental,
industrial/organizational and social) and contribute to our APA-award
winning, cross-cutting SCAN (specialization in cognitive and affective
neuroscience) program.  The department has existing strengths in
neuroscience and is about to house a new human MRI facility,
augmenting existing facilities in high-density EEG and near-infrared
spectroscopy.  We are particularly interested in candidates who will
contribute to existing strengths in the department including (but not
limited to) perceptual development, perceptual skill, object
perception and identification, visual attention, and (more broadly)
social neuroscience, affective neuroscience, or developmental
neuroscience. We also welcome applicants with interests in the
development of multimodal imaging technologies.  Applicants who could
also contribute to an overarching department initiative to enhance
diversity and our understanding of diversity are particularly
encouraged to apply.  Candidates in all of these areas can expect rich
opportunities for collaboration within the department and across the
campus.  Candidates are expected to have a record of excellence in
research and teaching, and a history or promise of external funding.
Review of applications for all positions begins October 12th, 2007 and
will continue until the positions are filled. Candidates should submit
a letter of application including concise statements of research and
teaching interests, curriculum vitae, at least three letters of
recommendation, and selected (p)reprints to: Michael Wenger, Chair,
Neuroscience Search Committee Box M, Department of Psychology, Penn
State, University Park PA 16802. We encourage applications from
individuals of diverse backgrounds.  Penn State is committed to
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and the diversity of its
workforce.

Michael J. Wenger                            voice: 814.863.6023
Department of Psychology, and                fax:   814.863.7002
Graduate Program in Neuroscience             email: mjw19 at psu.edu
Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences
Director, Human Electrophysiology Facility

216 Moore Building
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park PA 16802

http://www.personal.psu.edu/mjw19