[visionlist] Postdoctoral position - Northwestern University

David Ferster ferster at northwestern.edu
Wed Sep 19 13:48:07 GMT 2007

I currently have a postdoctoral fellowship position available in my
laboratory at the Northwestern University Department of Neurobiology
and Physiology. Our interests center on the neuronal circuitry of the
visual cortex and how it performs the computations that generate
cortical receptive field properties. Experiments combine intra- and
extracellular recording from single neurons, 2-photon imaging, and
modeling.

Recent projects have addressed mechanisms underlying contrast
invariance of orientation tuning, cross-orientation suppression,
surround suppression, direction selectivity, spatial integration in
complex cells, and synaptic depression at the thalamocortical synapse.