[visionlist] Postdoctoral position: Visual System Development

Jianhua Cang cang at northwestern.edu
Fri Dec 14 22:53:18 GMT 2007

please post:

--------------------------------------
A postdoctoral position is available to study visual system
development and plasticity in the mouse. Our laboratory is located in
the Evanston Campus of Northwestern University, which is less than 30
minutes away from downtown Chicago. In our laboratory, we aim to
discover the synaptic basis of experience-dependent maturation of
cortical circuits, and to reveal the molecular mechanisms underlying
the establishment of precise maps in the visual system. We combine in
vivo electrophysiology (both multi-channel single-unit recording and
intracellular whole cell recording), optical imaging, molecular
biology, genetics and behavioral analysis in our studies. The ideal
candidate should have a strong background in one or more of these
areas.

Interested individuals should send a brief statement of research
interests and career goals, a CV, and the names and contacts for three
references by e-mail to Dr. Jianhua Cang, cang at northwestern.edu.