[visionlist] ECVP 2008 1st Announcement

ECVP Site Manager contact at ecvp.org
Mon Jan 21 17:02:11 GMT 2008

1st Announcement

31st
EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON VISUAL PERCEPTION
ECVP 2008

AUGUST 24-28, 2008, Utrecht, The Netherlands
<http://www.ecvp2008.org>http://www.ecvp2008.org **

The European Conference on Visual Perception is an annual meeting
devoted to scientific study of visual perception. ECVP has been held
each year since 1978, and attracts a wide variety of participants.
The organisation welcomes you to Utrecht!

IMPORTANT DATES

Registration open: January 25, 2008
Submission open: January 25, 2008
Deadline submission: March 30, 2008
Notification of acceptance: ~June 2008
Notification of travel support awards: ~June,2008**

NEWS: ** INVITED SPEAKERS **

The Perception Lecture will be given by Dr. Ian Howard from York
University, Canada
<http://cvr.yorku.ca/webpages/howard.htm>http://cvr.yorku.ca/webpages/howard.htm

The Rank Lecture will be given by Dr. Jan Koenderink from Utrecht
University, The Netherlands
<http://www.phys.uu.nl/~wwwpm/HumPerc/koenderink.html>http://www.phys.uu.nl/~wwwpm/HumPerc/koenderink.html

PROGRAM

This year we will go back to the basics, meaning that we will focus
on the presentation of new and original research results. Only few
symposia will be organized - see our website for details. There will
be an exciting conference diner** and many social and cultural events.

AUTHOR GUIDELINES

See website, but note that, in order to reduce the cost of
publishing, special attention will be given to lay-out and language.
"Bat Engwish" can be a reason for rejection.

PROCEEDINGS

Accepted contributions will be published in the journal Perception
<http://www.perceptionweb.com/>http://www.perceptionweb.com/.

EXHIBITORS

Special care has been given to make sure that exhibitions are located
in an interactive central area. Please contact the organisation for
details**.

We hope to see you in Utrecht,

On behalf of the organising committee,

Frans Verstraten, coordinator.

** More information will be added at a later stage.

-----   This message forwarded by ECVP Site Manager  ---- http://ecvp.org  ----