[visionlist] postdocs, visual physiology, behaving monkeys

Max Snodderly max.snodderly at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 27 21:32:07 GMT 2008

Please post.  Thanks.

POSTDOCS—BEHAVING MONKEY VISUAL PHYSIOLOGY

	Two postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of
Professor Max Snodderly at the University of Texas, Austin, to study
response properties of neurons in the early visual pathway (LGN, V1, V2).
Projects include multielectrode recording of simultaneous responses in
related areas, effects of eye movements, and responses to natural images.
Facilities are also available for high resolution MRI.

	The neuroscience community at UT Austin is growing and provides many
opportunities for interaction.  See Institute for Neuroscience
(http://www.utexas.edu/neuroscience/index.html), and the Center for
Perceptual Systems (http://www.cps.utexas.edu), which include outstanding
faculty from multiple departments.  The diversity of activities at UT Austin
is both fascinating and stimulating.  As a town, Austin is a fun place to
live, and I have yet to meet anybody that doesn’t like it.

	To apply or inquire, please send a curriculum vitae, statement of
research interests, and other pertinent information by email.  I will be at
the Cosyne meeting and workshops with my cell phone (512-922-8777) if you
would like to speak with me about the positions.  Email
max.snodderly at mail.utexas.edu.

Max Snodderly, Ph.D.
Professor, Human Ecology/ Nutritional Sciences
Inst for Neuroscience and Ctr for Perceptual Systems
1 University Station/ A2700
The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712
Off: (512) 232-3307; Cell: (512) 922-8777 Fax:471-5844
http://www.he.utexas.edu/ntr/snodderly.php