[visionlist] Stimulating Nystagmus

Luis Diaz-Santana l.diazsantana at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:24:19 GMT 2008

Hello All,

I would like to know if there is any literature on stimulating
nystagmus on normal subjects. I have noticed that sometimes, on a
train, passengers can make very fast and periodic eye movements when
following targets outside the train.

This is outside of my area of expertise, and thought of asking here
first, before launching myself in a literature search. I wonder if
this has been studied, and how similar these movements are to the ones
found in nystagmus patients.

Many thanks
Luis

Luis Diaz-Santana
Department of Optometry and Visual Science
City University, Northampton Square
London, EC1V 0HB, UK.
http://www.city.ac.uk/optometry/research/laboratories/visor/

Tel: +44 (0)20 7040 8335