[visionlist] Postdoctoral position in primate physiology - University of Washington

Anitha Pasupathy pasupat at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 18 14:19:23 PDT 2008

A postdoctoral position is available in the Department of Biological
Structure and the Washington National Primate Research Center,
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, to work in the lab of Dr. Anitha
Pasupathy. Work in our lab is focused on the neural basis of visual
shape representation and recognition. We use single and mutli-electrode
recordings in primates, psychophysics and computational modeling to
discover the physiological properties and neural circuits along the
ventral visual pathway that underlie our ability to perceive and
recognize objects. The lab is one of several highly collegial and
interactive groups in the WaNPRC and currently consists of one grad
student and two techs in addition to the PI.
Candidates with a Ph.D. in the biological sciences or engineering, an
excellent research record and strong interest in the above research
focus are encouraged to apply. Experience in extracellular recordings in
awake and/or anaesthetized animals is a plus. Please send applications
(short letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses
of two referees), or requests for additional information, to:
pasupat at u.washington.edu.
--
Anitha Pasupathy Ph.D.
University of Washington