[visionlist] Post-doctoral Fellowship in Neurophysiology, Columbia University

Jacqueline Gottlieb, PhD jg2141 at columbia.edu
Tue May 13 13:11:39 PDT 2008

Post-doctoral Fellowship in Cognitive Neuroscience (Neurophysiology)
Columbia University, New York City

We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow to study
neurophysiological mechanisms of attention and learning in monkeys.
Specific interests in the lab involve mechanisms of visual search,
sequence learning and experience-dependent plasticity in the parietal
and frontal cortex.

Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Physics, Computer
Science, Engineering, Psychology or a related field and a record of
publication in internationally recognized journals.  Strong
quantitative background, including expertise with Matlab and C/C++ is
highly desirable.

The laboratory is located at the Health Sciences Campus of Columbia University
in Northern Manhattan. We share a floor with 5 other groups also working
  in systems neuroscience with diverse interests ranging over
early vision, attentional mechanisms, oculomotor control, emotional
circuitry and computational neurobiology.  We are part of the
exceptionally large, active and diverse neuroscience community at
Columbia. Our laboratory, as well as the entire Center is committed to
maintaining a strongly interactive and collaborative atmosphere among
the different laboratories.
http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/neurobeh/

Please send a statement of research interests, a CV (including list of
publication), and contact information for 3 references to: Dr.
Jacqueline Gottlieb (jg2141 at columbia.edu).

Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.