[visionlist] Journal of Vision News: Download Reports Updated

Journal of Vision announcements at journalofvision.org
Thu Oct 2 16:15:39 PDT 2008

New Journal of Vision Download Reports are available at http://journalofvision.org/info/downloadreports.aspx.

Details:

At the Journal of Vision, we provide a service called Download Reports that describes the total number of unique downloads for each published article. The reports also provide a statistic - the DemandFactor - that estimates demand for an article independent of its age. Download Reports also provide a graph of the cumulative unique downloads as a function of days since publication. The statistics and graph are located in the Download section of each article home page, and are also at the Download Reports page at http://journalofvision.org/info/downloadreports.aspx. We also provide tables of the top 20 articles in terms of total downloads and DemandFactor. Download reports are updated periodically.

A more extensive discussion of these reports is provided in a brief editorial at http://journalofvision.org/7/7/i.

We hope that authors and readers will find these reports useful.

Andrew B. Watson
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Vision   http://journalofvision.org