[visionlist] Postdoc position and Ph.D. studentship in Karl Gegenfurtner's lab

Karl Gegenfurtner Karl.R.Gegenfurtner at psychol.uni-giessen.de
Mon Oct 13 08:02:14 PDT 2008

A Postdoctoral position and a Ph.D. studentship are available in the lab of Karl
Gegenfurtner at Giessen University. The positions are for someone interested in
the relationship between sensory processing and motor control. We are
particularly interested in the interaction of signals for visual perception and
for the control of eye movements. Examples for recent research papers addressing
these issues are:

Schütz, A.C., Braun, D.I., Kerzel, D. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2008) Improved
visual sensitivity during smooth pursuit eye movements. Nature Neuroscience, 11,
1211-1216.

White, B.J., Stritzke, M. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2008) Saccadic facilitation in
natural backgrounds. Current Biology, 18, 124-128.

Braun, D.I., Mennie, N., Rasche, C., Schütz, A.C., Hawken, M.J. & Gegenfurtner,
K.R. (2008) Smooth pursuit eye movements to isoluminant targets. Journal of
Neurophysiology, 100, 1287-1300.

The positions start in January 2009, but later dates could be arranged.

For the PostDoc position, a doctoral degree in psychology, physics, biology, or
computer science is prerequisite. Experience in programming visual displays or
measuring eye movements are of advantage. Salary is according to German research
scale BAT IIa. The position is for 1 year initially and renewable for up to 3 years.

For the Ph.D. studentship, a M.A. or M.Sc. degree is required. The position is
paid according to German research salary scale Bat IIa/2 and is for three years.

Please send applications (please indicate which position you are applying for)
before November 15 2008 per email (PDF preferred). More information about our
group can be found at http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de.

Do not hesitate to contact me for informal inquiries.

Karl Gegenfurtner
--
Prof. Karl Gegenfurtner, Abteilung Allgemeine Psychologie
Justus-Liebig-Universität, Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10, 35394 Giessen
phone:  +49 641 9926100	  mailto:gegenfurtner at uni-giessen.de
fax:    +49 641 9926119	  http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/karl