[visionlist] P&P gets an A

Jeremy M. Wolfe jmwolfe at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 11 02:44:45 PST 2008

P&P gets an ?A?

Starting in 2009, the journal Perception and Psychophysics will become
Attention, Perception, and Psychophysics (AP&P).

Research in attention has mushroomed in recent years and has become
deeply entwined with the study of perception. This has been reflected
the contents of Perception and Psychophysics where the percentage of
attention papers has risen from 5% in 1987 to 45% in 2007 (ISI Web of
Science). Starting in 2009, the journal will reflect this change,
becoming the only major scientific publication with ?attention? in its
title, signaling our desire to be the premier outlet for research in
attention while continuing our commitment to publishing the best in
perception and psychophysics in all sensory modalities.

The name change is just one part of substantial program of innovation
starting under the new editorial board.

1)	Review lag and publication lag have dropped significantly in the past year.

2)	AP&P will feature a new Short Reports section, monthly invited
Tutorials on important topics in the field, and new editorial content
reporting on important papers elsewhere.

3)	With our new website, full color pdfs will be available. 	Visit:
http://app.psychonomic-journals.org/

We look forward to you next breakthrough, submitted through the website
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pandp

I would be happy to answer your inquiries

Jeremy Wolfe
Editor
wolfe at search.bwh.harvard.edu

Associate Editors: Charlie Chubb, Bradley Gibson, Simon Grondin, Lynne
Nygaard, Adriane Seiffert, Josh Solomon, Shaun Vecera

dispose of the e-mail.