[visionlist] Postdoc position in Karl Gegenfurtner's lab

Karl Gegenfurtner Karl.R.Gegenfurtner at psychol.uni-giessen.de
Fri Jan 23 04:43:45 PST 2009

A Postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Karl Gegenfurtner at
Giessen University. Research interests in the lab center around topics
in color vision, visually guided actions, and the relationship between
perception and action.

Examples for recent research papers addressing these issues are:

Schuetz, A.C., Braun, D.I., Kerzel, D. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2008)
Improved visual sensitivity during smooth pursuit eye movements. Nature
Neuroscience, 11, 1211-1216.

White, B.J., Stritzke, M. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2008) Saccadic
facilitation in natural backgrounds. Current Biology, 18, 124-128.

Hansen, T., Olkkonen, M., Walter, S. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2006) Memory
modulates color appearance. Nature Neuroscience,  9, 1367-1368.

The lab offers excellent facilities for studying visual perception and
motor control. We are part of a larger research group on perception
and action (http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/for560) with excellent
links to scientists within Europe and world wide. The group offers a
stimulating, multi-national and multi-disciplinary research
environment for young scientists (http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de).
The city of Giessen is a small university town, located just 60 km
north of Frankfurt.

A doctoral degree in psychology, physics, biology, or computer science
is prerequisite. The dissertation should be on a topic relevant to the
above mentioned interests.

The position starts in May 2009, but later dates could be arranged.
Salary is according to German research scale BAT IIa. The position is
for 1 year, with the possibility of renewal.

Please send applications before February 28 2009 per email as a single
PDF file.

Do not hesitate to contact me for informal inquiries.

Karl Gegenfurtner
--
Prof. Karl Gegenfurtner, Abteilung Allgemeine Psychologie
Justus-Liebig-Universität, Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10, 35394 Giessen
phone:  +49 641 9926100	  mailto:gegenfurtner at uni-giessen.de
fax:    +49 641 9926119	  http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/karl