[visionlist] 2009 Summer Research Intern - Computer Vision/Image
Wenyi.Zhao at intusurg.com
Tue Mar 31 22:38:24 PDT 2009
2009 Summer Research Intern - Computer Vision/Image Processing
Intuitive Surgical's Applied Research group is offering internships in
the area of computer vision and image processing.
We are seeking talented individuals to participate in exciting
cross-disciplinary projects in tele-robotic surgery. Project
- Development of non-rigid image registration methods.
- Development of methods for improving image quality in terms of
resolution, contrast and noise.
- Development of methodologies for evaluating image quality.
- Work with high-speed cameras to develop novel imaging applications.
- The study of endoscopic imaging systems, including optical components,
illumination and sensors.
Expected contributions may range from evaluating existing
implementations, integrating systems, improving existing algorithms,
to inventing new methods. PhD candidates and advanced MS students are
preferred. Other exceptional candidates will also be
- A passion for working with a high energy team to develop novel
aimed at improving the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients.
- Knowledge in computer vision, image processing, medical imaging.
experience in one of the areas listed above is strongly preferred.
- Strong programming skill in C/C++, Matlab and fast prototyping.
- Familiarity with image/video acquisition.
Start time: May/June 2009 (flexible)
Period: typically 3 months; extended internships may also be
Please send a resume and cover letter to the following contacts:
Wenyi Zhao, PhD Simon DiMaio, PhD
Senior Research Engineer Manager, Applied
Intuitive Surgical Inc Intuitive
1266 Kifer Road 1266 Kifer Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Wenyi.Zhao at intusurg.com <mailto:Wenyi.Zhao at intusurg.com>
Simon.DiMaio at intusurg.com <mailto:Simon.DiMaio at intusurg.com>
Intuitive Surgical (www.intuitivesurgical.com
<http://www.intuitivesurgical.com> ), located in Sunnyvale, CA, is
engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing
robotic surgical systems that are revolutionizing surgery. Its da Vinci
Surgical system includes six manipulator arms with a
total of 41 degrees of freedom, along with a stereo endoscope and 3D
video display. With over 1100 installations worldwide,
surgeons perform over one hundred thousand minimally-invasive surgeries
per year. The Da Vinci system represents an
outstanding platform for the development and application of new
technologies for surgery.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist