[visionlist] Python & Vizard Users Group Meeting at VSS

Ben Backus bbackus at sunyopt.edu
Thu Apr 30 05:40:21 PDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

We'll be having a Python & Vizard users group meeting at VSS.  All are welcome.

Sunday, May 10, 1:00 - 2:30 pm, Royal Ballroom 1-3.

Many psychophysicists and neuroscientists have migrated to Python as a
platform for conducting experiments and for data analysis. Python is
extensible like Matlab, has a large user base, comes pre-installed on
many systems, and is widely taught as a first programming language.
Unlike Matlab, Python is open source and freely available. We will
hear from adopters about their experience using open-source Python
tools (e.g. Vision Egg, PsychoPy) and commercial Python-based packages
that add significant functionality (e.g. Vizard). During discussion we
will share tips and identify issues of importance to users.

If you have questions, observations, or some computer code to share
please come.  We will have a data projector set up so please bring a
demo to share (these must be very short, 2-3 minutes max).  If we run
out of time, preference will be given to people who have contacted me
in advance to express interest.

We thank VSS for providing space for this meeting.  The meeting itself
is not endorsed by VSS, nor is it sponsored by any industry or
commercial group.

--

Benjamin T. Backus, Ph.D.
Graduate Program in Vision Science