[visionlist] Postdoctoral position in peripheral vision and image enhancement

Bosco Tjan btjan at usc.edu
Fri May 29 08:24:12 PDT 2009

A postdoctoral position to study image enhancement for peripheral
vision is available immediately at the laboratory of Bosco Tjan at the
University of Southern California.

We are looking for a creative individual with solid training in visual
psychophysics. Experience in low vision research or fMRI is desirable
but not required. Good writing skills and competency in computer
programming (any language) and quantitative methods are essential.

The lab (http://tlab.usc.edu) is supported by multiple grants from the
NIH.  The group dynamic of the lab is friendly, open, and
collaborative.  We occupy a newly renovated space with a great view
from the top floor of a ten-story building.  The lab is well-equipped,
and our research-dedicated fMRI center, for which Bosco is one of the
founders, is conveniently located in an attached building.

USC has a strong and vibrant research community in vision (http://cvst.usc.edu/
), covering topics as diverse as retinal and cortical physiology,
visual cognition, computational vision, and retinal prosthesis.  Our
lab has active collaborations with several of these groups.

Interested individuals should email Bosco with a current CV and the
names of two references.

-------------
Bosco Tjan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology