[visionlist] UK Vision Scientists meeting at ECVP - Thurs 27th Aug, 12:15

Andrew Schofield A.J.Schofield at Bham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 6 07:02:56 PDT 2009

All,

The AVA is hosting a meeting for all UK Vision Scientists at this years
ECVP.

The meeting will take place in room H2 at the main ECVP venue on
Thursday 27th August at 12:15.

The purpose of the meeting is to discuss funding issues. Topics may include
(but are not limited to):

Research council remits.
Helpful reviewing.
Building relationships with and influencing RC's (keeping VS on the
agenda).
The AVAs role as a representative body.

It is hoped that there will be plenty of time for discussion from the floor. If
you have a strong desire to talk/hear about a topic not listed please let me
know by 20th August.

We are currently looking for relatively senior researchers (eg past or present
panel members) who might be willing to introduce the above topics and/or
give a brief summary of their view of a particular research council remit. If
this is you please let me know. Several such views may be helpful.

If you'd like to make a contribution but cannot make the meeting e-mail your
views to me and I'll do my best.

Please note that the meeting is open to all UK Vision Scientists not just AVA
members.

With luck a summary of the meeting will be posted on the AVA e-mail list.

Regards
Andrew Schofield

* Dr Andrew Schofield
* School of Psychology