[visionlist] Job Posting: Computer Vision Researcher ? S.L.A.M.

Robert_Hardie at scee.net Robert_Hardie at scee.net
Fri Sep 11 04:42:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to post the below Computer vision related role for my
company, I trust this is ok but if you require any additional information
then please let me know.

Kind Regards

Robert Hardie
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited
http://eu.playstation.com

London Studio Agency Job Specification
SONY Computer Entertainment Europe
London Studio ? 15 Great Marlborough Street, London W1 7HR ? 0207 859 0000

Role: Computer Vision Researcher ? S.L.A.M.

Grade: Senior

Desired Start Date:     October 2009 (ASAP)

Product: London Studio Vision R&D

Reporting To:   Head of Vision R&D

Direct Reports: None

Term:Permanent / Full Time

Role Overview (Basis for Job Advertisement):

We require a computer vision researcher to investigate techniques and
collaborate with other engineers to create a real-time SLAM system for the
PlayStation platform. You will be working alongside Computer Vision
experts as well as some of the most creative people in the computer games
industry to develop cutting edge game experiences for the mass market. The
job will be based in the Sony London Game Development Studio in the heart
of Soho.

The successful candidate will need to have a significant amount of
experience developing SLAM systems already and is expected to have a PhD
in this area (or equivalent experience). They will need to fully
understand the mathematics behind such systems and have the software
engineering skills to be able to implement them in a structured and
modular way.

They will need to be creative and analytical and also have the
communication skills to be able to work with games designers, game
programmers and other engineers to gather requirements, propose solutions
and adapt the algorithms to the specific needs of the games.

If you don?t know what SLAM is, you are not qualified.

To apply please send your CV to Jobs at Scee.net and Quote "Vision Science".
Please note we can only respond to successful candidates.
Candidate Requirements:
No.
Requirement
1.
PhD in Computer Vision - SLAM (or equivalent)
2.
Excellent knowledge of the C++ programming language.
3.
Experience in designing software system

If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster at scee.net
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for
all known viruses.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited
Registered Office: 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP, United
Kingdom
Registered in England: 3277793