[visionlist] Vision PhD: St. Andrews

Julie Harris jh81 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Nov 2 07:25:18 PST 2009

PhD study at the St. Andrews Vision Lab

The Vision Lab at the University of St. Andrews is an
interdisciplinary group of scientists, who work on human vision, with
a particular focus on the perception of our 3-D world.  Current areas
of interest include:
motion and depth perception
computational modelling of binocular vision
depth and layout in pictures and natural images
the effects of lighting, pattern and colour on depth perception
distance perception

For details of our research see:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/%7Ejh81/vislab.html

For specific opportunities with individual investigators see:
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/people/lect/jharris.shtml
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/people/lect/pbh2.shtml
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/people/lect/dv10.shtml

The Vision Lab is located in one of the UK's top Psychology
Departments, which has a vibrant postgraduate community of around 40
research postgraduates.

The School of Psychology will be offering a number of funded PhD
studentships to be taken up in September 2010.   In the Vision Lab,
we specifically encourage applications from candidates who are
willing and able to embrace our interdisciplinary approach.  You will
have a good first degree in computer science, a physical science,
engineering, mathematics, psychology, neuroscience, or a related
discipline. Good quantitative skills are essential.

Full application procedures can be found here:
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/phd.shtml

Deadlines:

For non-EU overseas applicants:  18th January 2010
For EU and UK applicants:  8th March 2010

Julie M. Harris
Prof. of Psychology
St. Andrews Vision Lab
School of Psychology
University of St. Andrews
St. Mary's Quad
South St.
St. Andrews
KY16 9JP

tel:  44-1334-462-061
fax: 44-1334-463-042
email: Julie.Harris at st-andrews.ac.uk
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/%7Ejh81/vislab.html

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532