[visionlist] monochrome monitor by Vision Research Graphics

Daniel Reetz danreetz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:51:57 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Farid Kandil <kandil at uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> Dear Soo,
> maybe I can help fixing the high frequency issues with the mac.
> A few years ago, I tried to run 180 Hz stimuli on my mac, but the new system
> would only allow frequencies up to 120 Hz.
> I then had to use the program  ** DisplayConfigX **, which (with
> administrative rights) allows you to add more combinations of
> spatial and temporal resolutions to the internal mac list.
> If you then open
> System Preferences / Displays
> you can then choose the new (high frequency) settings from the list.
> The program can be found at
> http://www.3dexpress.de/

A Windows equivalent is Powerstrip:
http://entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm

It lets you set modes not available in monitor EDID specs. Timo van
Kerkoerle mentioned it to me, and has used it to overdrive CRTs beyond
their rated settings. I've only done such things on Linux, personally.

There is an alternative, called RivaTuner, but it is occasionally
foiled by Nvidia graphics driver updates.

Regards,
Daniel Reetz