[visionlist] Designing anti flicker spectacles

Tom Adamlje nestpasla at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:22:27 GMT 2010

Greetings!

I'm doing some research and I would be happy to hear some ideas regarding
the possibility of such a project.

Would it possible to design a spectacless / glasses that would
counter/filter/block/neutralize the flicker caused by conventional
fluorescent light tubes and other discharge type lamps? (as you know these
lamps pulsate in 60-120Hz range; modern variation pulsate in Khz range –
with some residual low frequency flicker).  We may also add that some
retinal cells of the human eye can detect frequencies up to 200hz.

Any comments on such a project?

Best regards.

Tom