[visionlist] CfP: MICCAI Workshop on Recognition in Medical Imaging

Bjoern Menze menze at csail.mit.edu
Sat Apr 17 19:36:52 GMT 2010

CALL FOR PAPERS

MICCAI 2010 Workshop on Medical Computer Vision
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/vision/mcv2010/

*** Recognition Techniques and Applications
*** in Medical Imaging

This workshop aims at exploring the use of modern image recognition
technology in tasks such as semantic anatomy parsing, automatic segmentation
and quantification, anomaly detection and categorization, data harvesting,
semantic navigation and visualization, data organization and clustering, and
general-purpose automatic understanding of medical images. We are especially
interested in modern, scalable and efficient algorithms which can be applied
e.g. to large longitudinal studies, high-resolution n-dimensional datasets
and in hospital-scale databases.

The focus is on principled approaches which go beyond the limits of current
model-driven image analysis, are provably efficient and which generalize
well to previously unseen images; we are also interested in emerging
applications which go beyond the analysis of individual clinical studies and
specific diagnostic tasks - a current focus of many computational methods in
medical imaging. We encourage the submission of original papers at the
interface of computer vision, machine learning, and medical imaging
analysis, to push the boundaries of what current medical software
applications can deliver in both clinical and research medical settings.

*** Invited Speaker: Dorin Comaniciu (Siemens) ***

*** The best submissions will be awarded a Best Scientific
    Paper Prize sponsored by Microsoft Research. ***

Important dates:

- Submission of full papers: June 8th, 2010
- Workshop: one day during MICCAI (www.miccai2010.org)
  September 20-24, 2010 in Beijing, China

Organizers:

- Bjoern Menze  (http://www.csail.mit.edu/~menze)