[visionlist] Toronto, Hosp for Sick Children, Research Technologist
carol.westall at sickkids.ca
Fri Apr 30 19:55:39 GMT 2010
Description of Position:
Research Technologist with interest in Adaptive Optics Fundus imaging. The successful candidate will work with “Multimodal Adaptive Optics Retinal Imaging System” Physical Sciences Inc. Optical Coherence Tomography, Adaptive Optics, and a confocal laser ophthalmoscope. Suitable for Post Doc.
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Organizing projects within a Retinal Imaging Laboratory either alone or with employees performing less complex tasks.
• Performing a variety of technical retinal imaging assessments. Assignments require theoretical insight, the interpretation of empirical data and the ability to find and extract pertinent information from technical literature.
• Exercising independent judgment and decision making using established policies and procedures to resolve technical problems.
• Coordinating and/or directing the work of others.
• Responsibility for day-to-day operations of the lab and/or special projects.
• Working with others to write protocols for ethical approval by the hospital’s Research Ethics Board.
• Bachelor of Science degree (physics or engineering preferred). MD (Ophthalmology) or PhD, MSc vision Science. Minimum of two years experience in retinal imaging.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts to both medical and non-medical non-specialists.
• Excellent competency in written and verbal communications.
Commensurate with Experience
How to Apply:
(New) E-mail resume and completed application for employment<http://www.sickkids.ca/MS-Office-Files/HR/21616-Application-for-Employment.doc> to hr.recruiter at sickkids.ca<mailto:hr.recruiter at sickkids.ca> quoting file number NMH1002-ME in the subject line of your e-mail.
Temporary Fixed-term (0.8 – 1.0 FTE)
Hours per Week:
35 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Neurosciences and Mental Health
Carol Westall PhD
Professor of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences
University of Toronto and Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X8
Graduate Coordinator, Institute of Medical Sciences,
University of Toronto.
Email: Carol at sickkids.ca
This e-mail may contain confidential, personal and/or health information(information which may be subject to legal restrictions on use, retention and/or disclosure) for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist