[visionlist] Using Matlab and CRS Tools for Vision Science: 27th September - 1st October, 2010.

SMITHSON H.E. hannah.smithson at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 13:38:09 GMT 2010

We will be running our course "Using Matlab and CRS Tools for Vision Science" from 27th September - 1st October, 2010.

Course outline:

The course will run for 5 days (2-days primarily working on Matlab programming skills, and 3-days on CRS / ViSaGe / Eyetracker techniques). We plan to cover the following topics:

-- Monday: Introduction to Matlab (arrays, indexing and loops)

-- Tuesday: Programming in Matlab (structuring a computer program)

-- Wednesday: Stimulus display (including timing-critical issues); Response collection and handling.

-- Thursday: Setting up your ViSaGe (including calibration); More on stimulus specification.

-- Friday: CRS video eyetracker toolbox; Spatial stimuli and animation.

The course will be "hands on" with ample opportunity to practice your skills. We expect to work for the full 5 (or 3) days, from 9am-5pm.

Cost:

The cost will be £550 for 5 days, (or £375 for 3-days, for people who are already competent and confident with Matlab).

If you would like to reserve a place on the September course, we are now ready to receive payments (details below). Places will be reserved in the order that we receive confirmed payments. Obviously, places are limited.

Methods of payment of course fees:

Option 1:

Wire transfer.

IMPORTANT: If you are paying by this method, please send me an email with the name of the person making the payment, so that it can be tracked into the correct account within the University. If you don't do this, I won't know that you've paid.

The University's bank account details are as follows:

    Barclays Bank PLC, Market Place, Durham. DH1 3ND

      Sort Code               20-27-41

      Account Name            University of Durham General account

      Account Number          60897507

      Swift Code              BARCGB22

      IBAN No.                GB46BARC20274160897507

Option 2:

Credit card.

Please telephone:

Dot Peacock, Credit Control Assistant, University of Durham

+44 (0)191 3346963

You will need to tell Dot that the payment is for a course in Psychology called 'Using Matlab and CRS Tools for Vision Science'.

IMPORTANT: If you are paying by this method, please send me an email with the name of the person making the payment, so that it can be tracked into the correct account within the University. If you don't do this, I won't know that you've paid.

Accommodation in Durham:

The colleges offer bed and breakfast accommodation during the University vacation. Grey College is the closest to the Psychology Department, and offers accommodation at the following rates:

Single Standard £28.50        Twin Standard £51.00

Single En suite £39.50        Twin En suite £70.00

Prices are per room, per night and include breakfast. Durham is a small city so nearly all the colleges are reasonably close (<30 min walk). Further information can be obtained from:

Event Durham

Durham University

Event Durham

Room GB22