[visionlist] analyzing medians

Andrew Leber andrew.leber at unh.edu
Wed Aug 4 17:48:24 GMT 2010

Hi Todd --  Taking the means of medians seems "perfectly okay."
Consider that you're already using means of medians when reporting
group-level data.  The reason you and your collaborator saw a subtle
difference is probably because you don't have an equal number of
trials per condition in the levels of variable D, thus over-
representing some levels of D while under-representing others when
computing a single median (vs. taking the mean of medians).

--
Andrew B. Leber, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology