[visionlist] Neuropsychology workshop 18th-19th November 2010

Kathleen Vancleef Kathleen.Vancleef at psy.kuleuven.be
Fri Aug 6 14:41:26 GMT 2010

Dear colleagues,

The Laboratory of Experimental Psychology Leuven will host a two-day Neuropsychology workshop  on the 18th and 19th of November 2010, in the context of a network funded by FWO-Vlaanderen (incl. partners from Ghent and Brussels). This workshop will center around a series of invited talks from Glyn Humphreys, Peter Mariën, David Milner, Hans-Otto Karnath, Gilles Pourtois, Jane Riddoch and Rik Vandenberghe. In addition to these longer presentations, we would like to invite both oral and poster presentations from our colleagues within the network and beyond.

Each day of this workshop will have a different theme. The first day (the 18th) will cover a broad range of topics within Neuropsychology (memory, language, perception, cognitive control, attention, etc.), but with an underlying methodological focus on the issues and challenges involved in using neuropsychological data to provide insights into the workings of the human mind. The second day (the 19th) will focus on visual perception, and will explore the contribution of neuropsychological data to our understanding of issues such as perceptual grouping, object recognition, cross-modal integration and attention.

Registration for attendance is now open and abstracts for posters and talks can be submitted until the 8th of September (posters previously presented at other conferences are very welcome). More information regarding the program of talks and how to apply for a place/presentation can be found on the website:

http://ppw.kuleuven.be/labexppsy/gestaltrevision/neuropsychologyworkshop/

Participants who wish to attend only one of the two days of this workshop are also very welcome.

Kind regards

Kathleen, Lee and Johan.

Ps, please feel free to forward this email to potentially interested colleagues

Kathleen Vancleef
PhD student

Laboratory of Experimental Psychology
University of Leuven