[visionlist] Training Course: Using Matlab and CRS Tools for Vision Science

SMITHSON H.E. hannah.smithson at durham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 11:48:06 GMT 2010

We will be running our course "Using Matlab and CRS Tools for Vision Science" from 27th September - 1st October, 2010. There are still a few places available. Please get in touch as soon as possible if you are interested in attending.

Course outline:

The course will run for 5 days (2-days primarily working on Matlab programming skills, and 3-days on CRS / ViSaGe / Eyetracker techniques). We plan to cover the following topics:

-- Monday: Introduction to Matlab (arrays, indexing and loops)

-- Tuesday: Programming in Matlab (structuring a computer program)

-- Wednesday: Stimulus display (including timing-critical issues); Response collection and handling.

-- Thursday: Setting up your ViSaGe (including calibration); More on stimulus specification.

-- Friday: CRS video eyetracker toolbox; Spatial stimuli and animation.

The course will be "hands on" with ample opportunity to practice your skills. We expect to work for the full 5 (or 3) days, from 9am-5pm.

Cost:

The cost will be £550 for 5 days, (or £375 for 3-days, for people who are already competent and confident with Matlab).

Please don't hesitate to get in touch (hannah.smithson at durham.ac.uk) if you require further information.

Best wishes,

Hannah Smithson

--