[visionlist] Training Course: Using Matlab and CRS Tools for Vision Science

SMITHSON H.E. hannah.smithson at durham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 11:48:06 GMT 2010

We will be running our course "Using Matlab and CRS Tools for Vision Science" from 27th September - 1st October, 2010. There are still a few places available. Please get in touch as soon as possible if you are interested in attending.

Course outline:

The course will run for 5 days (2-days primarily working on Matlab programming skills, and 3-days on CRS / ViSaGe / Eyetracker techniques). We plan to cover the following topics:

-- Monday: Introduction to Matlab (arrays, indexing and loops)

-- Tuesday: Programming in Matlab (structuring a computer program)

-- Wednesday: Stimulus display (including timing-critical issues); Response collection and handling.

-- Thursday: Setting up your ViSaGe (including calibration); More on stimulus specification.

-- Friday: CRS video eyetracker toolbox; Spatial stimuli and animation.

The course will be "hands on" with ample opportunity to practice your skills. We expect to work for the full 5 (or 3) days, from 9am-5pm.

The cost will be £550 for 5 days, (or £375 for 3-days, for people who are already competent and confident with Matlab).

Please don't hesitate to get in touch (hannah.smithson at durham.ac.uk) if you require further information.

Best wishes,

Hannah Smithson

Dr. Hannah Smithson