[visionlist] Feature Issue “Multisensorial Perception”

Wuerger, Sophie S.M.Wuerger at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Sep 13 14:17:24 GMT 2010

Seeing and Perceiving Feature Issue “Multisensorial Perception”

Seeing and Perceiving, the continuation of Spatial Vision, is an interdisciplinary archival journal covering human and mammalian perception and the underlying brain mechanisms. A broad approach to perception is encouraged, including the integration of different senses.
We are now inviting authors to contribute to a Special Issue on “Multisensorial Perception”, with the expectation of future papers on this topic being published in regular issues in the Journal.
The aim of this special issue is to bring together scientists from a range of disciplines (Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science etc) to explore the intricate relationship between different sensory modalities (vision, hearing, touch, smell, taste). To further our understanding of cross-modal integrative or inhibitory mechanisms underlying multisensorial perception requires a multimodal approach and we therefore welcome submissions using computational, behavioural, electrophysiological or imaging techniques, or a combination of these. Theoretical articles  are welcome if they provide new insights into multisensorial processes and their functional consequences for perception.
Complete manuscripts of previously unpublished original research or review articles should be prepared according to the Instructions to Authors published on the website of Seeing and Perceiving (www.brill.com/sp)<http://www.brill.com/sp)>.  Please submit your manuscript by December 1  2010.  Articles are placed on-line as soon as they are accepted and processed.  Articles will be then brought together and published in one or two bound Special Issues.  We anticipate that the Special Issue will appear in the Spring of 2011.  Papers which are accepted earlier than this, once on-line, will be fully citable via a DOI number.

Enquiries about this feature issue can be sent to:
Sophie Wuerger, Co-Editor for this Issue, s.m.wuerger at liv.ac.uk <mailto:s.m.wuerger at liv.ac.uk%20>
David Alais, Co-Editor for this Issue, davida at psych.usyd.edu.au<mailto:davida at psych.usyd.edu.au>
M Gondan, Co-Editor for this Issue, matthias.gondan at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de<mailto:matthias.gondan at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de>
Concetta Morrone, Editor-in-Chief, concetta at in.cnr.it<mailto:concetta at in.cnr.it>