[visionlist] Graduate student positions in cognitive and computational neuroscience of natural vision

Dirk Bernhardt-Walther bernhardt-walther.1 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 25 20:52:45 GMT 2010

The lab of Dr. Dirk Bernhardt-Walther at The Ohio State University is
seeking graduate students for projects in cognitive and computational
neuroscience of natural vision. Work in our lab is focused on combining
neuroimaging (EEG, fMRI) and behavioral testing (eye tracking,
psychophysics) with novel analysis methods (machine learning, multi-voxel
pattern analysis) and computational modeling to investigate the human
ability to perceive and comprehend our natural environment through the sense
of vision. A brand new neuroimaging center under the leadership of Dr.
Zhong-Lin Lu as well as collaborations within Psychology, across departments
(e.g., with Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science), and with
the interdisciplinary Center for Cognitive Science (
http://www.cog.ohio-state.edu) make this an exciting research environment.
Funding is guaranteed for the entire duration of the Ph.D. program.

For more information about the department:
http://www.psy.ohio-state.edu/graduate/

To apply: http://www.psy.ohio-state.edu/graduate/application.php

Application deadlines are:

November 30th, 2010 for international students, and

December 15th, 2010 for domestic students.

--
Dirk Bernhardt-Walther, PhD