[visionlist] readership (associate professorship) in psychology at University of Edinburgh, UK

Antje Nuthmann Antje.Nuthmann at ed.ac.uk
Wed Oct 27 18:04:20 GMT 2010

Please forward this message to anyone who might be interested in this opportunity

readership (associate professorship) in psychology at University of Edinburgh, UK
application dead line: 09-Nov-2010

Note: The department is required to fill the position within the realm of cognitive science. It would be good to get someone representing Vision/ Visual Cognition (admittedly, this is my personal preference).
We have extensive eye-tracking facilities and a new EEG lab allowing the co-registration of EEG and eye movements.
http://www.ppls.ed.ac.uk/staff/resources/eye_trackers.php
http://www.ppls.ed.ac.uk/staff/resources/eeg_erp.php

official advert:
The University of Edinburgh, home to one of the leading Psychology Departments in the UK, seeks to appoint a Reader in cognitive aspects of psychology, broadly defined. The successful applicant will have an international profile and will have a track record of high-impact publications since completing his/her Ph.D. Applications are invited from all qualified persons, but we are seeking to build on three existing international strengths of the Edinburgh Psychology Department: Differential Psychology, Psychology of Language, and Human Cognitive Neuroscience.
Tenable from March 2011.

further details and application pack:
http://www.jobs.ed.ac.uk/vacancies/index.cfm?fuseaction=vacancies.detail&vacancy_ref=3013493

--
Dr Antje Nuthmann
Psychology Department
E-Mail: Antje.Nuthmann at ed.ac.uk
web: www.nuthmann.de/antje
phone: +44 (0)131 650 3459

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.