[visionlist] Principal Lecturer in Optometry and Vision Science

Waugh, Sarah Sarah.Waugh at anglia.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 23:10:18 GMT 2010

Please post the job below - thanks!

Principal Lecturer in Optometry and Vision Science

Faculty of Science and Technology
Ref: 000036-1

Based in Cambridge

£45,155 - £52.347 p.a.

Join us as we enter an exciting new phase of our development. Our ambition is
to be recognised as a truly 21st century university, fully relevant to the
changing needs of students, staff and employers. With our energy, enthusiasm
and ambition matched by our friendliness and approachability, Anglia Ruskin
University is a great place to be.

This post builds on the record of success in research and scholarship in
optometry and the visual sciences by the Department of Vision and Hearing
Sciences. Our aim is to build on these successes by appointing a principal
lecturer. The department hosts its own research laboratories and research
groups and is affiliated to the recently formed Vision and Eye Research Unit
within the new Post-Graduate Medical Institute.

You will have a PhD in Vision Sciences (or related field) with the ability to
lead an area of research that complements the department's strengths. The
department is currently expanding to develop research in visual
electrophysiology and would welcome candidates with an interest in this area.
You will have demonstrated ability to conduct independent research as
evidenced by your publication record and grant income.

Experience in a higher education setting is required for this position.
Principal Lecturers contribute to the broad range of the Department's
activities but a significant contribution to the Department's research
activities is required.

Informal enquiries to Dr John Siderov, Head of Department at
john.siderov at anglia.ac.uk

For further information about the department please visit our website
http://www.anglia.ac.uk/vhs

Interviews are expected to be held on 06 December 2010.

Benefits include: final salary pension scheme, generous annual leave
entitlement, flexible working opportunities and interest free travel to work
loan.

Closing date: 23 November 2010

For further details and to apply please visit our website www.anglia.ac.uk
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/ht10/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Inte
rnet%20Files/January/www.anglia.ac.uk> .  If you have any queries please
contact our recruitment team on 0845 196 4784 or email jobs at anglia.ac.uk.

We value diversity at Anglia Ruskin University and welcome applications from
all sections of the community.

--

EMERGING EXCELLENCE: In the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008,
more than 30% of our submissions were rated as 'Internationally

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named
recipient(s)only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
them to anyone please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and
then immediately delete the e-mail from your system. Any opinions
expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University. Although
measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are
free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good computing
practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.
Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which
may not be a 100% secure communications

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email
management service - www.altmanco.uk/emailsystems