[visionlist] "Plastic Vision" at York University June 15-18 2011

Jennifer Steeves steeves at yorku.ca
Wed Dec 1 03:24:30 GMT 2010

           PLASTIC VISION

June 15-18, 2011
Toronto, Ontario

The Centre for Vision Research at York University, Toronto, Canada is pleased to announce our 2011 biannual international conference. The topic this year is visual and crossmodal plasticity. The conference will include sessions on visual developmental plasticity, plasticity in the adult visual system, visual learning and memory, visual-motor plasticity, adaptive processes in computer vision and robotics, cortical reorganization and inter-sensory plasticity.

Confirmed speakers include:

Susan Barry, Mount Holyoke
Elizabeth Buffalo, Emory University
Karen Dobkins, UC San Diego
John Flannery, University of Toronto
Robert Hess, McGill University
Denise Henriques, York University
John Krakauer, Columbia University
Yann LeCun, New York University
Franco Lepore, Université de Montréal
Michael Merzenich, UC San Francisco
Hans Op De Beeck, University of Leuven
Bruno Olshausen, UC Berkeley
Josef Rauschecker, Georgetown University
Robert Sainburg, Penn State University
Krish Sathian, Emory University

We invite poster submissions from faculty and students. We will be offering a number of competitive awards for students and post-doctoral fellows to help support travel.

Information about registration, poster submission, travel award applications and additional conference information will be available in early January on our website:

http://www.cvr.yorku.ca/conferences/index.html

For further information, please contact  Teresa Manini: (manini at cvr.yorku.ca) or the organizers:
Fran Wilkinson (franw at yorku.ca)     Jennifer Steeves  (steeves at yorku.ca)