[visionlist] Professor/Reader or Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Cognition and/or Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Kent at Canterbury

Louise Barlow L.J.Barlow at kent.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 09:21:48 GMT 2011

The Role

The School of Psychology at The University of Kent @ Canterbury is seeking to appoint an academic staff member in Cognition and/or Cognitive Neuroscience to provide research, teaching, and strategic and operational leadership, and to make an outstanding research contribution within the Cognitive Psychology group specifically, but also to the wider School. We are looking to appoint a researcher who can demonstrate both a clear record of publications in top quality journals and the successful award of grant applications. The School's Cognitive group is vibrant and diverse and we aim to appoint an academic who can and bring new theoretical or technological expertise to augment or complement ongoing research.

The Person

You will hold a PhD or equivalent in Psychology or a cognate discipline along with successful completion of world-leading and internationally excellent research including publication in refereed academic journals and obtaining research grants.  You will have research leadership in the area of Cognition and/or Cognitive Neuroscience with excellent writing skills demonstrated in your publication record.  You will have evidence of your ability to obtain competitive research grants from UK research councils/other international sources  and be able to demonstrable fit with, and augmentation of, research expertise to enhance and augment the profile of the Cognition and/or Cognitive Neuroscience research strengths in the School.

The Department

In recent years, the School has made significant investments in its research capacity and strengths, both in terms of faculty and equipment. Since 2001, the School has doubled in size. We currently have an establishment of 35 academic staff, 40 PhD students and 10 independently funded research staff. Our annual student intake includes 60 students at Masters Level. We have Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) recognition for all our Masters Programmes, and BPS accreditation for our MSc programme Forensic Psychology. Kent's School of Psychology is also part of the ESRC South East Doctoral Training Centre (DTC), and therefore offers studentships to fund either (1+3) or (+3) research, as well as other scholarships offered by the School and University.

www.kent.ac.uk/psychology<http://www.kent.ac.uk/psychology%22%3ewww.kent.ac.uk/psychology>

Further Information

Closing date for applications: 30 September 2011

Interviews are expected to be held: 21 October 2011

How to apply - please apply online at: www.kent.ac.uk/jobs<http://www.kent.ac.uk/jobs> and apply online using or online recruitment system.

Louise Barlow Assoc CIPD | Resourcing Adviser | University of Kent
121 Registry, Canterbury, CT2 7NZ

Tel: 01227 823674 | E-mail: l.j.barlow at kent.ac.uk<mailto:l.j.barlow at kent.ac.uk>  | Web: http://www.kent.ac.uk/human-resources/

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC7391.472D1210]<javascript:ClickThumbnail(3)>
[cid:image002.gif at 01CC7391.472D1210]