[visionlist] Research Assistant Position at UC Davis

Steve Luck sjluck at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 30 03:31:28 GMT 2012

Research Assistant, Center for Mind and Brain, University of California-Davis

We are seeking a recent college graduate for a research assistant / lab manager position with a duration of 1-2 years in the laboratory of Steve Luck at the UC-Davis Center for Mind & Brain.  Our laboratory focuses on visual attention and visual working memory in both healthy young adults and in individuals with schizophrenia, and we use a combination of psychophysical measures, eye tracking, and ERPs (see http://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu/people/sjluck).  The position involves a mix of research and lab management.  The ideal candidate would have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, substantial research experience using at least one of our laboratory’s main methods, experience crunching numbers in Excel, and experience or coursework in computer programming (especially for data analysis in Matlab and/or stimulus presentation in Matlab, E-Prime, or  Presentation). This is an excellent position for someone who would like to obtain additional research experience before going to graduate school.  Davis is a very nice college town located 15 minutes from Sacramento, 90 minutes from the San Francisco Bay Area, 45 minutes from Napa Valley, and 2 hours from Lake Tahoe.  To apply, send a cover letter, a resume, and a letter of recommendation to Clara McClenon (ccmcclenon at ucdavis.edu).  The position will remain open until filled, and the likely start date will be in June, 2012.  Starting salary is $34,680/year. The University of California is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Steven J. Luck, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Mind & Brain
Professor, Department of Psychology
University of California, Davis