[visionlist] Research Assistant Position in fMRI Studies of Vision and Cognition

Frank Tong frank.tong at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Feb 9 16:29:04 GMT 2012

A full-time research assistant position is available in Frank Tong’s
lab at Vanderbilt University to work on fMRI studies of visual
perception and cognition. Our lab is interested in the neural bases of
visual perception, face and object recognition, visual attention,
awareness, and working memory. Research methods include neural
decoding, high-resolution fMRI, TMS, and other advanced methodologies.
Responsibilities include coordinating multiple lab projects, assisting
with fMRI, TMS, and behavioral studies, and analyzing behavioral and
brain imaging data. BA/BS required, preferably in neuroscience,
psychology, biomedical engineering or the like. Strong technical and
computational skills are required; experience with computer
programming is highly preferred. General knowledge in the areas of
visual perception, cognition or neuroscience is recommended. Position
start date is for early summer of 2012. A minimum two year commitment
is required. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience.  VU/
EO/AAE.

For more info about our research, including links to publications and
media coverage of our work on neural decoding of conscious perception
and visual memories, go to: http://www.psy.vanderbilt.edu/tonglab/

To apply, please send a CV, names of three references, and a statement
of interest to Elizabeth Counterman, elizabeth.s.counterman at vanderbilt.edu