[visionlist] Postdoctoral position in retinal neurophysiology

E.J. Chichilnisky ej at salk.edu
Thu Feb 16 19:29:36 GMT 2012

A postdoctoral position is open in my laboratory for investigating the functional circuitry of the retina.  We use 512-electrode recordings from identified ganglion cell types in primate retina along with computational analysis to study receptive field structure, functional organization, and visual signaling by complete populations of retinal ganglion cells.  Active topics of study include nonlinear receptive field structure at single-cone resolution and visual signal modulation by polyaxonal amacrine cells.  Many other aspects of retinal signaling are possible avenues for further work, including signaling of visual motion and color, correlated firing, computational modeling of light responses, and the function of lesser-known ganglion cell types.

A background in vision, retinal neurophysiology and computational analysis are strongly preferred.

If you're interested, please write to me with a CV and a 1-paragraph summary of postdoctoral research interests.

E.J. Chichilnisky
Professor, Systems Neurobiology
The Salk Institute
http://chichilnisky.salk.edu/