[visionlist] [PyViewX] Python library for communicating with SMI's iViewX server

Ryan Hope rmh3093 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:54:23 GMT 2012

I am posting here to let everyone know of a project I have started
called PyViewX. It is a cross-platform python package for
communicating with eye trackers from SMI via their iViewX software.
This project is still in the early stages of development but I have
tested it with my labs RED500 system from Windows, Mac and Linux
machines. I will make more posts later when official releases are
ready but for those interested in following the development you can
find the source on GitHub:

If you feel like trying out PyViewX now, please direct bug reports and
feature requests to the issue tracker on the projects' GitHub page.

Ryan Hope, M.S.
CogWorks Lab
Department of Cognitive Science
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute