[visionlist] TECHNICAL POSITION AVAILABLE at the INSTRUCT Image Processing Center (http://i2pc.cnb.csic.es) in Microscopy, CNB-CSIC, Madrid

Javier Vargas jvargas at fis.ucm.es
Fri Mar 2 08:01:11 GMT 2012

Background: INSTRUCT is the European Strategic Initiative in the area
of Structural Biology (www.instruct-fp7.eu). It is organized around 5
Core Centers and a similar number of Centers. During 2009 the
Biocomputing Unit (BCU) of the CNB-CSIC won the international
competition to become the "INSTRUCT Center for Image Processing in
Biology" (I2PC), starting its operation during 2010 and providing the
context for this opening of positions. The BCU is well known in the
area of three dimensional electron microscopy, with over 150
publications in the area, including public domains suites of programs
and very popular image processing methods. The I2PC is focus on
developing services for the structural-biologist community as
3DEMbenchmark (http://i2pc.cnb.csic.es/3dembenchmark/), Scipion or
Pepper (http://biocomp.cnb.csic.es/das/PeppeR/).
For further information go to (http://biocomp.cnb.csic.es/  and
http://xmipp.cnb.csic.es/ and http://i2pc.cnb.csic.es/)

Profiles needed: We are looking for a technically oriented candidate
(engineer, physicist, mathematician, computer scientist….) to work in
the area of development and maintenance of a set of web pages and
applications (mainly developed in Java and Python) for image
processing in microscopy. Skills in Java frameworks (Hibernate,
Struts, Spring…), web servers and Linux environments would be a plus.

Interested candidates send CV and letter of interest to
i2pc at cnb.csic.es before 15 March 2012