[visionlist] VSS Satellite Event: The Stuart Anstis Mid-Career Intervention

Patrick Cavanagh patrick_cavanagh at fastmail.fm
Wed May 9 17:27:11 GMT 2012

Stuart Anstis Mid-Career Intervention at VSS
Wednesday, May, 16. Talks, 3-6 pm and dinner, 7:30 to midnight
Registration online for both sessions. Dinner is 60$ (pay online,
deadline for dinner tickets is Monday, 14th).
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3215187713

Afternoon Session: 3pm - 6pm, Orchid 3/4, moderators, Pete Thompson,
Patrick Cavanagh, Debbie Giaschi
Brian Rogers:  Bristol days
Jan Atkinson & Ol Braddick: Remind me to remind you - we said we
shouldn't look back
Alan Gilchrist:  Stuart as a young retinal painter
Jenny Bosten & Don MacLeod:  The dimming
Christopher Tyler: Allusions of memory
Peter Thompson: Stuart: the man and the myth
George Mather: What the phi? Apparent movement at a stroke
Terri Lewis: Stuart's foray into baby research
Jeff Mulligan: Jeff and Stuart observe the smoking box-car illusion
Debbie Giaschi: How to train a grad student, Anstis-style
Dave Peterzell: Stuart on eccentricity and modern history in La Jolla
Patrick Cavanagh: Stuart Anstis, science machine
Ian Howard: By gum, he's a grand lad

Dinner  ($60): 7:30- 12:00, Orchid Ballroom 1, orchestrated by Ian
Howard and Frans Verstraten.
Roasted tomato basil soup, asiago crostini / pesto crusted chicken
breast, capellini pasta, grilled vegetables,
citrus butter sauce / vanilla scented crème caramel, pistachio tuile.
Cash bar