[visionlist] Invitation to North Dakota State University Visual and Cognitive Neuroscience Mini-Conference

McCourt, Mark Mark.Mccourt at ndsu.edu
Thu Jun 14 15:58:13 GMT 2012

Dear Colleagues:

The NDSU Center for Visual and Cognitive Neuroscience (CVCN) is hosting a 2 day mini-conference from 7/18-7/20/12. We are an NIH/NIGMS/IDeA/COBRE-sponsored center, and our mini-conference is intended to showcase the high quality of research being conducted by visual and cognitive neuroscientists at NDSU and in the IDeA states (http://www.nigms.nih.gov/Training/IDeA/).

We extend an invitation to anyone interested in attending this conference (there is an opportunity to present your work at an evening poster session). Please see our conference website for a detailed conference schedule, conference registration (deadline is 6/14/12 - apologies for late notice), and accommodation information.

http://www.cvcn.psych.ndsu.nodak.edu/conference/index.php

Confirmed invited speakers and titles are:

Adaptation and visual experience
Michael Webster
Department of Psychology
University of Nevada, Reno

Tuning into face, gender, and race information during infancy
Paul Quinn
Department of Psychology
University of Delaware

The brain of the digital native: Better, faster, dumber?
Paul Atchley
Department of Psychology
University of Kansas

Maintaining feature bindings in visual working memory: Attention shifts and representation volatility
Melissa Beck
Department of Psychology
Louisiana State University

The role of form processing in the perception of rotational motion
Gideon Caplovitz
Department of Psychology
University of Nevada, Reno

The role of holistic processing in the development of specialized face perception in infants
Cara Cashon
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
University of Louisville

Higher-order modulation of the chromatic visual evoked potential
Michael Crognale
Department of Psychology
University of Nevada, Reno

Spatial and temporal dynamics of auditory attention
Ed Golob
Department of Psychology
Tulane University

The need for an integrative theory of film perception and comprehension
Les Loschky
Department of Psychology
Kansas State University

Distinct representation mechanisms of visual features and faces in the Fusiform Face Area
Ming Meng
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Dartmouth College

The visual and haptic perception of 3-D object shape
Farley Norman
Department of Psychology
Western Kentucky University

Neural correlates of social exclusion
Catherine Norris
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Dartmouth College

How do perception, cognition, and action interact in a complex visual environment?
Joo-Hyun Song
Department of Cognitive, Linguistic and Psychological Sciences
Brown University

Cheers,

Mark E. McCourt

Mark E McCourt, PhD

Dale Hogoboom Professor of Psychology<http://www.psych.ndsu.nodak.edu/mccourt/xindex.htm>
Director, Center for Visual and Cognitive Neuroscience<http://www.cvcn.psych.ndsu.nodak.edu/>

Dept 2765 / PO Box 6050 / Fargo ND 58108-6050
v: 701.231.8625 / f: 701.231.8426

Courier
NDSU Department of Psychology
115 Minard Hall / 1210 Albrecht Blvd / Fargo, ND 58102

[cid:image001.gif at 01CD4A1A.95BF74D0]