[visionlist] Call for papers in "Integrating Visual System Mechanisms, Computational Models and Algorithms/Technologies" in Frontiers

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Mon Jan 30 06:06:34 EST 2017

In collaboration with Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience (ISI-JCR
impact factor: 2.6), Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology,
section Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, we are organizing a
Research Topic titled "Integrating Visual System Mechanisms,
Computational Models and Algorithms/Technologies", hosted by Dr. Hedva
Spitzer, Dr. Xavier Otazu and Dr. Hagit Hel-Or. As host editor, I would
like to encourage you to contribute to this topic. Please find more
information about Research Topics below, including the publishing fees
that apply. You can also visit the homepage we have created on the
Frontiers website, which defines the focus of the topic, and where all
published articles will appear.
http://journal.frontiersin.org/researchtopic/5491/integrating-visual-system-mechanisms-computational-models-and-algorithmstechnologies
Please note the submission deadline for this Research Topic is July
31th, 2017. With your agreement to take part, I would request you
submit an abstract in advance of any manuscript submission you choose
to make (abstract deadline: 31st March).

Xavier Otazu

More info about Research Topics:
ABOUT FRONTIERS RESEARCH TOPICS
Founded by scientists in 2007, Frontiers is a community-rooted
open-access publisher, driving innovations in peer review,
article-level metrics and research networking. The "Frontiers in"
journal series hosts 54 journals covering more than 350 academic
specialties, with a network of over 200,000 leading researchers
worldwide. Frontiers is a registered member of the Open Access
Scholarly Publishers Association
(http://www.oaspa.org/member/Frontiers) and was recognized by the ALPSP
Award forInnovation in Publishing in 2014. The idea behind a Frontiers
Research Topic is to create a comprehensive collection of peer-reviewed
articles that address a specific theme of research, as well as a forum
for discussion and debate. Contributions can be articles describing
original research, methods, hypothesis & theory, opinions, and more.
Please see the relevant journal for a full list of accepted article
types. Frontiers will also compile an e-book, as soon as all
contributing articles are published, that can be used as educational
material, be sent to foundations that fund your research, to
journalists and press agencies, or to your professional network.
E-books are free to read and download. Once published, your articles
will be free to access for all readers, indexed in relevant
repositories, and as an author in Frontiers, you retain the copyright
to your own papers and figures. FRONTIERS PUBLISHING FEES Manuscripts
accepted for publication are subject to publishing fees, which vary
depending on the article type. All Research Topic manuscripts receive a
discount on publishing fees; please see here for a full fee table, and
further relevant FAQs: http://www.frontiersin.org/about/PublishingFees.