[visionlist] Postdoctoral research position in action/event recognition using deep learning (I2R, Singapore)
cheston at mit.edu
Sun Feb 26 02:48:39 EST 2017
We are seeking an exceptional postdoctoral researcher to work on action/event recognition. The candidate will use deep learning techniques to tackle novel problems, going beyond simple category labels to the hierarchical structure of temporally-extended actions and events. The candidate will work as part of a dynamic and multidiscplinary AI team, comprising scientists with PhDs from MIT, Stanford, CMU, UIUC, etc.
The position is available immediately in Singapore, at the Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR. The project is funded by a grant jointly awarded to Dr. Cheston Tan and Prof. Lior Wolf of Tel Aviv University, whose world-class work includes the DeepFace project with Facebook.
Candidates must have a PhD in computer science or related fields. Strong programming and quantitative skills are required. Candidates must be proficient in spoken and written English.
The appointment will be for 1-3 years (possibly with extension), with internationally-competitive salaries and benefits. Other benefits include:
- Opportunities for research attachments with Prof. Lior Wolf at Tel Aviv University
- Funding for international conferences and training courses
- Collaboration opportunities with excellent network of international scientists (at MIT, Stanford, UIUC and elsewhere)
Interested candidates should send a CV, brief statement of research interests and three references to Dr. Cheston Tan (cheston at alum.mit.edu)
Position will be open until filled; send applications sooner rather than later if interested.
- Dr. Cheston Tan: http://www.mit.edu/~cheston/CV_short.pdf
- Institute for Infocomm Research: http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/
- Working in Singapore: https://www.contactsingapore.sg/en/professionals/why-singapore/about-singapore/singapore-at-a-glance
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist